Thursday, December 1, 2011

Circumstancial Conflict

Yesterday I got very upset over something. Rather someone I should say.
I felt that this someone X was purposely (not) doing some things so as to hurt me.
I felt very bad. It affected me so badly I wanted to run away. I was mad.
I imagined already the worst assuming very strongly that this person may just not like me.

But then I was thinking, the last time we talked this person was very nice and friendly. I started to calm down and decided to confront the person and talk it out.

So when I got a chance to meet this person I requested for a chat. Only after talking I realized there were no such bad intentions from X.
This person genuinely liked me. I was very happy and relieved.
What bad things would have happened had I followed my initial feelings ....
I would have lost a very good friend ...

It was as if my feelings were playing with me. They were like a whirlwind storming through my mind and heart. But then calmness prevailed and I was able to think clearly again.

Sometimes circumstances play havoc in our lives which affects our thinking and the actions we take. In such times we must remember that only if we think clearly and calmly can we see the blue sky behind the clouds.

No comments: