Sunday, July 24, 2011

A wonderful Thing

Today something wonderful happened. And I still don't know if it was true or not. I have been daily reading flash cards with words to my son Ryan. He is just 1 year 8 months old, but I have seen that babies can learn at that age. In the past days he wasn't really in a mood for that. So I thought he must have lost interest in learning. Nevertheless I tried to read some words to him. Usually I show him the flash card, then read it out and then explain. I reached the word "door" and I showed Ryan the flash card. And believe it or not he pointed to the door and showed me the symbol for knock, exactly as I taught him. For a moment I was dumbstruck. I couldn't believe what I saw. Has Ryan learnt to read after all ? I have seen so many toddlers read on the internet but to see this was really special. Even if it was just coincidence, even if it is just this one word that he recognized. It doesn't matter. I feel wonderful and it gives me increased zest in teaching my son more and more ...

No comments: