Saturday, August 6, 2011

Busy buddy's Day

Ryan's day is always a busy filled day. The start itself is excellent. What amazes me always is that for me even if I am awake I need a few minutes to get up. Not so for my son. The moment he is awake and notices someone else awake too he jumps out of the bed and in the direction of the person. He is fully fresh. And he always starts his day HAPPY. He has a small chat with us and a great smile.

When at my parents' he is most eager to run out into the garden and play. Outside in the garden he'll run towards our dog Tiger and greet him. Ryan calls him "Tikku". Then he will either play a bit football with me or he'll settle down for some serious stuff. He'll take a bucket or some container and open the water tap to which the water hose is connected and fill the bucket until I close the tap or just keeps it running. Then he'll get pebbles and drops them into the bucket one by one. He'll wash the pebbles and repeat the process with more pebbles and stones and small coconuts. He also loves plucking the beautiful flowers that have blossomed.

Other fun activities include trying and walking in one or both of grandpa's shoes, coloring with crayons, running around with a broom and cleaning the house, removing the covers of the sofa set, climbing on the sofa set, the chairs and the staircase, playing with the tv remote or my mobile phone and throwing them away after use. Nowadays he throws a lot of tantrums as well. And lots of kisses. When you ask him for a kiss, he will not only give you a kiss but everyone else too.

Ryan loves watching the programs in Ceebeebies, his favourite being Mister Maker, GrandPa in my Pocket, I can Cook, Teletubbies, In the Night garden and Boogie BeeBies where he learns a new song and dance every time. He has become fascinated with cooking after watching the little kids cook in "I can Cook". So whenever I make chapati dough, I let him knead it in the end and when I make Schnitzel I let him sprinkle bread crumbs on top of it and cover it. He feels really happy and important like a grown up when he can do this. It's really nice to hear him say "Appachan" when he calls Grandpa. He also loves it when I read him "Elly's story" and now he can shout "Yippie" just like Elly the elephant.

Lot many more adventures waiting not only for him but also for us ...

No comments: