Friday, January 21, 2011

To potty train or not

For some days now I have been contemplating whether or not to start potty training lil Ryan. Actually, I wanted to start before his first birthday, but then I read somewhere that babies are taught much later, mostly after 2 years of age. So I happily postponed it. Recently when we visited a family I saw their son exhibiting his potty trained behaviour .. he said "Appi" and ran to sit on his potty. This rang an alarm within me !! Maybe I should have started earlier, but it's not too late. I need to start soon though. Lil Ryan is 14 months old now, so this would surely help him once he joins a daycare center. I am planning to get a stand-alone potty, because this would help Ryan sit on his own. The one that we are having right now is to be put on the toilet seat, but I guess, he can use this once he's a bit bigger. One of my first tasks going to be is to take Ryan to the toilet to pee every time he wakes up after a sleep, and maybe during the day as well. Once he's accustomed to that routine we can teach him to poo then. Well, the coming days will tell how successful I am ...

No comments: