Sunday, August 19, 2007

The meaning of "Messages..."

I was wondering what title to put for my blog .....
Many things had come to my mind ... like "Pursuer of Happyness" ...
well, you are right ... i was influenced by the movie of the same title ...
But then I thought, aren't we all doing that ? I mean pursuing happyness ...
(and just like Will Smith in the movie, I like the spelling with a "y" :) )
Then this title struck me.A few months ago I was looking for a birthday gift - book for a friend ... and I came across this one "Message in a bottle" ... I just fell in love with this title ... (this has nothing to do with the fact, that this is supposed to be a love story). And the picture came to my mind, of a bottle floating in water with a paper message in it, just as I had seen in so many pirate movies when I was a kid ... sadly not nowadays though ...

I feel this title reflects what I want to say ... It's not necessarily an "SOS" sent out because I am stranded in an isolated island ... like Tom Hanks with no one but a football to talk to ...
It is rather small messages about my state of mind ... about the people I have met and will be meeting .... and the little bits and pieces in my daily life that in the end will frame the "Life of Syl" ...

Once again I have been inspired by this dear friend of mine ... I'm not gonna mention names ... as many names will certainly be mentioned in the future posts to come ... Sometimes we need people to push us in the right direction, I feel ...
Thank you :)

3 comments:

ratulmukh said...

nice start... best of luck!! :)

Alphonse H said...

Well.. I can c ,that you have been trying to blog for a long time and finally started :)

It is the begining that is difficult,but once it picks up speed ,it goes on like a frieght train without brakes... :)

Doesn't it feel great to speak our mind out about things that we could ever fathom,and yet make sense of it.

You can bet,I'll be reading your blog regularly.

-Alphy

sylviadan said...

Thanx for the encouragement ... :)
It's really nice to know that there are people out there who like to read my "thought droplets" .... :)

Keep reading ;)